Watson Financial Services Software Architect
The IBM Watson Financial Services team is looking for Software Architect to join our organization
You will define the architecture and software design for all the new features that are developed by the development team. You will be expected to develop and document requirement specifications and designs for modules, code and implement those designs, and perform developer verification and validation of those implementations. You will also mentor and provide technical guidance to other team members using your knowledge and experience.
- Responsible for significant portions of overall product architecture and design.
- Sets the overall technical framework for the product and monitors activity to ensure conformance with that framework.
- Perform software module requirement analysis, design, and test design.
- Prepare software module specifications, designs, test descriptions and estimates.
- Implement software modules and unit tests and conduct appropriate module testing.
- Detect, report, investigate, and fix product defects.
- Assist with escalated customer support investigations.
- Establish guidelines for and participate in the review of product engineering artifacts (e.g., specifications, designs, test descriptions, implementations, tests, records, reports, etc).
- Assist in the preparation and review of product, engineering, and management plans and reports (e.g.program and project plans) as required.
- Mentor less senior team members and peer review product artifacts including requirement specifications, design specifications, code, etc.
- Interface with customers to gather product requirements, present technical aspects of the product, and understand problems with the product.
- Identify and communicate possible improvements in the work process for customers and peers.
- 6+ years of related experience in software development.
- Hands-on experience of architecting, designing and building software systems.
Group ID: Not Applicable
Country: United States
Job Family: Not Applicable